Large Order Services Representative
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® (a division of Reischling Press, Inc.) is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
As a Large Order Services Representative at Blurb, you will be responsible for supporting customers who intend to place orders of 100 or more books, starting with incoming lead qualification and communication. After qualification, the rep will be providing quotes and sales agreements, placing orders, managing production and deadline information, educating on book production and processes when necessary, providing product support directly or indirectly, and following through to delivery. Additionally, the rep will focus on creating seamless customer experiences, with a focus on repeat customers, and growing our business in both business and self-publishing channels.
- Generate revenue within an expected sales margin, focusing on maintaining a balance between benefit to the company while simultaneously creating a great customer experience.
- Manage multiple customers, projects and timelines, and understanding the processes of book printing, and being able to communicate that information to customers in a way they can easily understand. At the same time, manage those projects with our print operations team and printers.
- Maintain active sales pipeline with expectations of incoming projects and revenue estimates.
- Follow up with customers for feedback after quotes are shared, projects are completed, key milestones, and maintaining those business relationships
- Understand Blurb’s product structure, processes and methodology so you can advise customers on the best ways to complete their projects within that structure.
- Communicate with LOS team and operations on current business, recognizing trends, identifying both positive and negative trends that impact business.
- Contribute to team discussions on strategy with focus on business growth, and take place in development projects where appropriate.
- Maintain weekly Khorus updates for tracking of goals.
Performance Measures (how your success will be measured):
- Achieve quarterly/annual team revenue goal while maintaining required margins.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer needs and demonstrate clear communication of customer needs and project requirements, as measured by qualification rate.
- Accomplishment of ancillary projects/tasks, as measured by numerical data.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with many types of customers with varied needs.
- Excellent task management and organizational skills while handing many moving parts of projects.
- A strong desire to help the customer while maintaining good business practices.
- Experience working with CRM platforms a plus.
- A desire to learn and absorb information about book printing, and the related businesses.
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You interact effectively and harmoniously with other people
- You are thorough and meticulous
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You take initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, self-driven, ambitious and flexible
- Must work well independently and with a team
- And last, but not least, you are collaborative and a solid team player, as we work to achieve team goals, not individual.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- Paid Holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying